Principal/Manager of Research
Radius (A Jabil Company) is a global strategy and innovation consulting firm serving the healthcare, IoT, Digital, consumer, packaging and commercial/industrial markets. At Radius, our secret ingredient is our people. We hire talented individuals with a passion for delivering results that know how to discover, design, develop and deliver products that are better than anything on the market today. We build multi-disciplinary teams of business strategists, researchers, designers, human factors specialists, engineers, quality, and manufacturing experts who thrive on solving our clients’ most complex challenges for bringing successful products to market.
Join our award-winning team if you want to lead talented people and geek out on a variety of projects. It goes without saying; we offer a dynamic, fast-paced work environment with plenty of growth opportunities, excellent compensation, and benefits.
The Manager/Principal Researcher is the key point person for directing and executing meaningful research and human factors activities required to drive innovative programs, clients, and teams. Radius is looking for a highly creative and passionate individual to focus on projects ranging from technology driven medical devices to consumer lifestyle products with an underlying goal of improving lives. This individual will also provide mentorship to the research team and broader technical team and have increasing responsibility as it relates to program management, and business development.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work closely with cross-functional team to identify, plan, and prioritize research efforts based on analysis, project goals, and risks.
- Lead a variety of user research projects using analytical, ethnographic, and interview- based methods including contextual interviews, usability tests, expert interviews, and group sessions, diary studies, and anthropometric analyses.
- Familiarity with FDA guidelines and other relevant experience in medical product design is a plus.
- Design and implement new effective ways of collecting, analyzing and synthesizing data to uncover and characterize new opportunities and product offerings.
- Develop rigorous frameworks for the evaluation of products as a function of usability principles and best practices.
- Synthesize and communicate insights to multidisciplinary teams and clients that help guide design and innovation.
- Distill information from a range of sources (qualitative, quantitative, trends, etc.) to develop actionable opportunities for innovation programs.
- Collaborate in the creation of innovative solutions based on insights and opportunities uncovered.
- Ensure the continuity meaningful innovation throughout the product development process.
- User Interface development experience a plus.
- Ability to easily switch from macro to micro, understanding the strategic value and business dynamics of an organization’s product or service.
- Lead clients through the research and innovation process.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- 10+ years of experience in product development research, preferably in a medical consulting environment.
- Degree in related field (e.g. human factors, cognitive psychology, HCI, ergonomics, industrial engineering, etc.)
- Experience leading project teams, mentoring, and establishing high quality research and usability frameworks.
- Demonstrated expertise with a wide range of research methods including usability testing and ethnographies.
- Experience in human factors in medical devices, including formative and summative testing and the creation of usability engineering file documentation is a plus.
- Minimum of 500 hours of study moderation
- Proven track record of professional success (e.g. portfolio, references, etc.)
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OPEN POSITIONS AT THIS STUDIO
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Radius is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for all roles regardless of race, color. religious creed, sex, national origin citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parents, military or veteran status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.