We are looking for a talented individual with a strong background in engineering program management and technical leadership to provide a broad view and understanding of the product development process, and effectively lead multidisciplinary team efforts in the evolution of products from concept through testing and validation. As a Senior Development Engineer and Program Manager, you will be a technical lead with demonstrable and extensive experience in creative product development.
In addition to exemplary program and client management skills, this position requires a solid background in electro-mechanical part/component/system conceptualization, analysis, visualization, and CAD experience. You also must have an appreciation for the goals of other disciplines such as industrial design and user research, and the ability to articulate the value of our integrated product development services to both current and prospective clients. The ideal candidate will be a dynamic, hands-on technical leader/senior project engineer with the ability to work cooperatively within the group to develop and impart engineering knowledge and direction, as well as work effectively within cross-functional teams and with our clients to deliver world class engineering solutions.
Responsibilities will include directing product development teams, leading project engineering efforts, risk management, managing project budgets and schedules, developing proposals, and supporting business development and client interaction activities.
- Plan, schedule, organize, and project manage engineering activities
- Manage and create compelling engineering solutions working cooperatively with staff and client teams
- Manage design control documentation and other development process documentation
- Manage large and small programs for quality of work and profitability
- Develop and strengthen client relationships
- Participate meaningfully in new business development situations
- Assist with the writing of development proposals
Technical Leadership and Engineering
- Strong electro-mechanical technical background and the ability to apply engineering theory to solving real world engineering problems
- Ability to manage technical direction of cross function project teams to ensure efficient, on-time delivery
- Creative thinker who is very good at coming up with out-of-the-box solutions to complex problems; creating multiple concepts for the same requirements
- Proven technical leader with the ability to lead R&D projects — to bring clean sheet ideas into reality
- Develop innovative and feasible mechanical solutions at the component/system assembly level of design and detail these with CAD models and drawings using Pro/Engineer or SolidWorks
- Apply theoretical knowledge of design and electro-mechanical engineering principles using kinematics, structural and thermal/fluid analysis calculations
- Build breadboard mock ups and proof of principle models – plan, oversee and manage prototype build efforts and evaluate designs for improved cost and manufacturability
- Implement product solutions that drive lean manufacturing process and assembly for a mix of high and low volume products in variety of industries: medical, consumer, military, commercial
- Actively participate in team ideation sessions with our clients and internal development staff of industrial designers, engineers, and user researchers
- Strong technical presentation skills and ability to articulate the project team’s work and interact with clients
- BS degree in Mechanical or Electro-Mechanical Engineering
- 8-10+ years’ experience in product development, preferably medical or high technology regulated industries
- Proven experience taking product from early concept through production release in a structured development process
- Demonstrated ability to lead technical and multi-disciplinary development programs
- Experience with Pro/E or SolidWorks, FEA or CFD experience is also valuable
- Excellent theoretical knowledge of design and mechanical engineering design concepts, as well as an ability to balance theory with experimentation to verify potential solutions
- Ability to work on multiple projects and manage teams in a fast paced environment
Radius is an award-winning design and innovation firm helping clients realize their brand strategy by designing compelling product solutions. Our teams engage in multiple markets, including consumer, medical, wearables, IoT, packaging, and converging markets. We offer a dynamic, fast-paced, and fun environment with outstanding compensation packages.
Interested in applying? Submit your resume by clicking here. You will be directed to apply for this Radius position at Jabil.com, our corporate partner’s website.
Jabil is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.