Radius Innovation & Development is seeking a talented and experienced Senior Mechanical Engineer to join our Hong Kong studio.
Radius is a global innovation and development consulting firm serving the healthcare, packaging, consumer, and commercial/industrial markets. At Radius, our secret ingredient is our people. We hire talented individuals with a passion for delivering results who know how to design, develop, and deliver products that are better than anything on the market today. We build multidisciplinary teams of product strategists, researchers, designers, human factors specialists, engineers, and quality and manufacturing experts who thrive on solving our clients’ most complex challenges for bringing successful products to market.
Join our award-winning team if you want to sharpen your skills and geek out on a variety of projects. It goes without saying: we offer a dynamic, fast-paced work environment with plenty of growth opportunities, excellent compensation, and benefits.
We are looking for a talented and experienced Senior Mechanical Engineer that can contribute engineering knowledge and experience to product development projects in our Hong Kong studio. In this role, the candidate will bring to bear world class engineering knowledge, creativity, product development experience, planning, and communication skills to deliver winning solutions for Radius clients. This individual needs to provide a broad view and understanding of the product development process, and effectively participate in multi-disciplined team efforts in the evolution of products from concept through testing and validation. This position reports directly to the Director of Engineering.
- Lead engineering efforts on product development teams and be responsible for the quality and content of engineering deliverables
- Effectively deploy the essential engineering tools used in product development (sketching, CAD, prototyping, FEA, DFM/A, FMEA, etc.) from early stage concept generation through verification testing
- Interface with Nypro, Jabil, and outside suppliers for prototyping, tooling, qualification, and transition to production
- Contribute to the strategic growth and improvement of Radius through site and global objectives
- Maintain a high standard of customer service and professional guidance
- Promote a results oriented culture of teamwork, respect, excellence, integrity, and accountability
- Identify strategic opportunities for Radius
- Conceptualize and communicate ways of providing new and improved value to our customers
- Travel and provide consultant services at client sites (mainly the U.S. and China) for extended periods of ~2-4 weeks if required by the clients
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or related field, master’s preferred
- 8+ years’ experience working on the design and development of new products
- Experience participating in the development of products from inception (marketing direction) to production
- Demonstrated creative problem solving utilizing sound engineering principles
- Experience developing electro-mechanical products
- Experience developing products within multidisciplinary project teams
- Experience developing medical devices under FDA design controls a plus
- Direct experience in the consulting field a plus
- Involvement in developing a combination of high-volume components/products and mid-volume/complex product assemblies a plus
- Experience leading project teams a plus
ESSENTIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
This role requires an individual who demonstrates flexibility in the consulting subject matter in which he/she needs to operate and yet has a polished, not over-bearing, delivery style. More specifically, the candidate will have the following skills and attributes:
- Ability to synthesize and conceptualize complex mechanical systems to solve product development challenges
- Solidworks and Pro/Engineer / Creo with surfacing experience
- A strong knowledge of DFM/A, particularly plastic injection molding and assembly for electro-mechanical systems
- Motivated, takes initiative
- Passionate about working on interdisciplinary teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Effective and well organized
- Ability to “see the big picture” when meeting customer needs
- Professional in manner and appearance
- Good interpersonal skills
- Sound judgment
- Creative problem solving
- Ability to resolve conflict
- Ability to mentor and help others grow professionally
- Attention to detail
Radius is an award-winning design and innovation firm helping clients realize their brand strategy by designing compelling product solutions. Our teams engage in multiple markets, including consumer, medical, wearables, IoT, packaging, and converging markets.
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit their cover letter, resume, and salary requirements via email to email@example.com for consideration.