We are looking for a unique and talented individual with extensive design experience that will be responsible for leading and participating in product research and design projects for our clients with a design centric representation in the business development process. This position will report directly to the Director of Design for the Waltham studio, with significant and collaborative interaction with members of the engineering, research, human factors, and business development teams.
In addition, this individual will take part in directing design projects, collaborating on design programs with leadership oversight and hands-on design work, and facilitating and leading client workshops. This is a highly visible and dynamic position whose focus will be on Radius site specific and global organizational initiatives.
- Establish and maintain hands on involvement with product development programs and design department standards that ensure design excellence
- Conceptualize ways of providing new and improved value to our customers by translating marketing requirements into compelling product solutions
- Assist in the management of research and design budgets
- Contribute to the creative culture and provide a proactive contribution to the strategic direction of Radius
- Mentor and lead junior designers, guide projects, inspire through example, infuse design passion, and help build a strong internal team
- Establish and maintain a set of design department standards to ensure excellence
- Contribute and articulate knowledge and experience in design and strategy to product development projects offering strong visual and verbal story-telling skills to emotionally connect concepts with user and market desires
- Maintain a high standard of customer service and professional guidance
- Promote a culture of pride, passion, and integrity
- Collaborate with leadership team to create business plans and proposals
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelors in Industrial Design; Master’s degree preferred but not required
- 6-12 years of experience as a practicing designer with a focus on product design
- A history of developing products with multi-disciplinary teams (including Mechanical Engineering, Research, Human Factors, and Manufacturing) from inception (marketing direction) to production
- Experience developing electro-mechanical products
- A strong knowledge of injection molding and plastics
- Involvement in developing a combination of high volume components/products and mid-complex product assemblies
- The timely preparation of accurate, well-planned program proposals and estimates
Radius is an award-winning firm that develops products from design through manufacturing for top clients in the consumer, healthcare, industrial, and packaging markets. We offer a dynamic, fast-paced, and fun environment with excellent salary and benefits.
Interested in applying? Submit your resume by clicking here. You will be directed to apply for this Radius position at Jabil.com, our corporate partner’s website.
Jabil is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.