Radius Innovation & Development is seeking a talented and experienced Quality Engineer to join our Waltham studio. The position of Quality Engineer is responsible for supporting the product development process and quality management system through development, maintenance and continuous improvement of test, design control, risk management and material documentation. This individual will report directly the Director/Manager – Quality. The individual in this role will bring to bear world-class quality knowledge, product development experience, planning and communication skills to deliver winning solutions for Radius clients.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identify, review and interpret industry, regulatory, environmental, mechanical and electrical standards and requirements
- Participate in the development and review of test strategies, product requirements and design inputs based on project phase
- Develop, manage and execute test project documentation including, but not limited to test plans, methods, data, data analysis, data audit, data presentations and reports for concept, prototype (engineering qualification) and pilot (design verification) testing.
- Select/design, procure and troubleshoot test equipment and fixtures
- Develop, document and validate test methods
- Identify, qualify and manage external test suppliers
- Lead root cause analysis of test failures
- Participate in design inputs and design outputs reviews
- Collect and manage content of project design history files (DHF)
- Participate in quality management system processes and documentation including, but not limited to training records, calibration records, supplier records, engineering change orders (ECO), non-conforming material review (NCMR), corrective and preventative actions (CAPA) and document retention schedules
- Develop site-level quality management system procedures and templates
- Lead internal audits and support notified body / ISO registrar and customer audits of the quality management system
- Provide guidance to project teams and customers on compliance with the quality management system
- Develop, manage and execute processes and documentation for receipt, acceptance, assembly, and release of prototype/pilot materials for assembly by Radius
- Complete and document prototype/pilot assembly, release testing and distribution to supplier and customers
- Participate in project planning through proposal development and review
- Ensures capability studies are performed on critical processes
- Performs first article inspection and review visual aids
- Performs defect analysis reporting
- Performs MRB on sustained products
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelors degree preferred
- 0-2 years related experience
Radius is an award-winning firm that develops products from design through manufacturing for top clients in the consumer, healthcare, industrial, and packaging markets. We offer a dynamic, fast-paced, and fun environment with excellent salary and benefits.
Interested in applying? Submit your resume by clicking here. You will be directed to apply for this Radius position at Jabil.com, our corporate partner’s website.
Jabil is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.