Radius Innovation & Development is seeking a talented and experienced Principal Human Factors Specialist to join our Waltham studio. The Principal Human Factors Specialist is the key point person for directing and executing human factors activities required to provide strong ongoing support to programs, clients, and staff. This role also provides mentorship to the technical staff on the research team as well as those technical staff members in the other competencies within the collective team. In addition, this position will have increasing responsibility as it relates to proposal and business development.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborates with internal and external resources to implement research and human factors activities to drive the product development process.
- Interfaces directly with internal team members and clients to execute human factors plan.
- Creates deliverables that inform internal and external stakeholders on human factors plan. This may include the application of human factors to high volume medical devices (e.g. injection devices, inhalers, etc.) as well as large capital equipment.
- Develops and owns techniques used to carry out rigorous evaluations of product(s) and offers human factors expertise.
- Serves as a mentor to junior staff members on technical questions and helps teammates outline effective and appropriate human factors plan.
- Manages and coordinates various projects within functional area.
- Communicates sector’s value and capabilities, scope and plan projects, and manages client expectations.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Experience leading small teams, mentoring, and establishing high quality research and usability frameworks.
- Minimum 8+ years of professional experience in human factors, user experience, usability research, and/or in a product development in a consulting environment (or similar environment.)
Radius is an award-winning firm that develops products from design through manufacturing for top clients in the consumer, healthcare, industrial, and packaging markets. We offer a dynamic, fast-paced, and fun environment with excellent salary and benefits.
Interested in applying? Submit your resume by clicking here. You will be directed to apply for this Radius position at Jabil.com, our corporate partner’s website.
Jabil is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.