Radius Innovation & Development is seeking a Director of Engineering Services for the Chicago studio, who will possess a mix of consultancy and engineering expertise as well as healthcare knowledge and experience.
Oversees all product development and design engineering activities through effective management of engineering resources within the specified region, support executive management initiatives, and assist with generating and enhancing both new and existing customer relationships and business opportunities. Drives innovation and continuous improvement within Advanced Manufacturing Technology (ATM) by harnessing new technologies in the areas of systems, equipment, and processes.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Technical and managerial responsibility for several multi-discipline engineering teams spread across assigned region, consisting of electrical engineers, mechanical engineers, tooling engineers, and CAD designers
- Architectural knowledge in electronic, mechanical, and software products especially in the healthcare industry
- Managing the ongoing planning, budgeting, staffing, and scheduling of personnel and processes for all engineering teams
- Maintaining team competencies in current technology and design trends, continually evaluating staffing levels, and recruiting world-class engineering talent
- Marketing and sales capability for services, products, and IP
- Interpret and communicate customer requirements to enable development of services and operational capabilities to support new customers and business opportunities
- Develop RFQ analysis and present formal presentation to customer; ensure key financial measures are achieved within each account, including profitability and RONA targets
- Promote Jabil’s capabilities, footprint, and services to new customers
- Lead commercial negotiations with new customers
- Understanding of the EMS business model
- Provide direction on design and development activities to improve, modify or design new equipment products and processes
- Develop, determine and implement policies, procedures and programs
- Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor
- Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Education & Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering in the area of assignment*
- Master’s degree preferred*
- Degree in Engineering or Business Management*
- Minimum of 15+ Years Experience in Manufacturing Engineering, or closely related field, to include 8-10 years within a lead/management capacity*
- A history of developing products with multi-disciplinary teams (including Industrial Design, Research, Interaction, and Manufacturing)
- A history of leading product development teams ideally with exposure to the healthcare industry
- A history of participating in the development of products from inception (marketing direction) to production
- Experience developing electro-mechanical products
- A strong knowledge of injection molding and plastics
- Involvement in developing a combination of high volume components/products and mid-complex product assemblies
- Experience with medical device development and accompanying regulation protocols
- Deep understanding and experiences developing healthcare products and understanding of healthcare industry regulations and complexity
* Or an equivalent combination of education, experience and / or training
Radius is an award-winning firm that develops products from design through manufacturing for top clients in the consumer, healthcare, industrial, and packaging markets. We offer a dynamic, fast-paced, and fun environment with excellent salary and benefits.
Interested in applying? Submit your resume by clicking here. You will be directed to apply for this Radius position at Jabil.com, our corporate partner’s website.
Jabil is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.