SENIOR MECHANICAL ENGINEER
A Senior Mechanical Engineer at Radius is responsible for participating in, and leading, mechanical engineering efforts. In this role, the candidate will bring to bear world class engineering knowledge, creativity, product development experience, planning, and communication skills to deliver winning solutions for clients.
Radius is a global innovation and development consulting firm serving the healthcare, packaging, consumer, and commercial/industrial markets. At Radius, our secret ingredient is our people. We hire great people, invest deeply, and learn constantly. Our multi-disciplinary teams of strategists, researchers, designers, human factors specialists, engineers, and manufacturing experts thrive on solving our clients’ most complex challenges for bringing successful products to market.
Join our team if you want to work on a wide array of strategic projects, partnered with everyone from cutting edge start-ups, to the world’s leading companies. We offer a dynamic, fast-paced work environment, with plenty of growth opportunities, excellent compensation, and a great benefits package.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead engineering efforts on product development teams and be responsible for the quality and content of engineering deliverables.
- Contribute engineering knowledge and experience to product development projects.
- Identify and analyze design problems to achieve optimal solutions that satisfy cost and technical requirements.
- Provide technical input to help identify and solve project risks that may affect overall project plans and schedules.
- Have deep skills in the essential engineering tools used in product development (sketching, CAD, prototyping, FEA, DFM/A, FMEA, etc).
- Define new and existing mechanical engineering design requirements and develop specifications in accordance with manufacturing, marketing, and customer expectations and requirements.
- Interface with Jabil and outside suppliers for prototyping, tooling, qualification, and transition to production.
- Maintain a high standard of customer service and professional guidance.
- Stay abreast of the latest technology and techniques to provide designs that are competitive and cost effective.
- Promote a results-oriented culture of teamwork, respect, excellence, integrity and accountability.
- Ability to travel to/from clients and/or suppliers (~10-25%, occasionally internationally).
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- A history of developing products within multi-disciplinary teams.
- A history of leading engineering teams.
- A history of participating in the development of products from inception (marketing direction) to production.
- Experience developing electro-mechanical products.
- Experience managing people a plus.
- A strong knowledge of injection molding and plastics.
- Experienced in Tolerance analysis and GD&T
- Involvement in developing a combination of high-volume products and medium to highly complex product assemblies.
- Motivated self-starter who takes initiative.
- Effective and well organized.
- Professional in manner and appearance.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to “see the big picture” when meeting customer needs.
- Sound judgment.
- Passionate about working in a multi-disciplinary team.
- Pays close attention to detail.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited four-year college or university.
- Minimum 4 years of related experience.
- Possess advanced skills in one of the following areas: Advanced Surface Modeling; Thermal Analysis; Optical Engineering; Electro-Mechanical System Design; Finite Element Structural Analysis.
- Proficient in SolidWorks with surfacing skills a must.
- Pro/ENGINEER or Creo skills a plus.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.