SENIOR MECHANICAL ENGINEER
Radius (A Jabil Company) is a global strategy and innovation consulting firm serving the IoT, Digital, consumer, healthcare, packaging, and commercial/industrial markets. At Radius, our secret ingredient is our people. We hire talented individuals with a passion for delivering results that know how to discover, design, develop and deliver products that are better than anything on the market today. We build multi-disciplinary teams of business strategists, researchers, designers, human factors specialists, engineers, quality, and manufacturing experts who thrive on solving our clients’ most complex challenges for bringing successful products to market.
Join our award-winning team if you want to sharpen your skills and geek out on a variety of projects. It goes without saying; we offer a dynamic, fast-paced work environment with plenty of growth opportunities, excellent compensation, and benefits.
A Senior Mechanical Engineer at Radius is responsible for participating in and leading, mechanical engineering efforts. In this role, the candidate will bring to bear world-class engineering knowledge, creativity, product development experience, planning, and communication skills to deliver winning solutions for clients.
- Lead engineering efforts on product development teams and be responsible for the quality and content of engineering deliverables.
- Contribute engineering knowledge and experience to product development projects.
- Identify and analyze design problems to achieve optimal solutions that satisfy cost and technical requirements.
- Provide technical input to help identify and solve project risks that may affect overall project plans and schedules.
- Have deep skills in the essential engineering tools used in product development (sketching, CAD, prototyping, FEA, DFM/A, FMEA, etc).
- Define new and existing mechanical engineering design requirements and develop specifications in accordance with manufacturing, marketing, and customer expectations and requirements.
- Interface with Nypro, Jabil, and outside suppliers for prototyping, tooling, qualification, and transition to production.
- Maintain a high standard of customer service and professional guidance.
- Stay abreast of the latest technology and techniques to provide designs that are competitive and cost-effective.
- Promote a results-oriented culture of teamwork, respect, excellence, integrity, and accountability.
- Ability to travel to/from clients and/or suppliers (~10-25%, occasionally internationally).
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- A history of developing products within multi-disciplinary teams.
- A history of leading engineering teams.
- A history of participating in the development of products from inception (marketing direction) to production.
- Experience developing electro-mechanical products.
- Experience managing people a plus.
- Strong knowledge of injection molding and plastics.
- Experienced in Tolerance analysis and GD&T
- Involvement in developing a combination of high-volume products and medium to highly complex product assemblies.
- Motivated self-starter who takes initiative.
- Effective and well organized.
- Professional in manner and appearance.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to “see the big picture” when meeting customer needs.
- Sound judgment.
- Passionate about working in a multi-disciplinary team.
- Pays close attention to detail.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited four-year college or university.
- Minimum 4 years of related experience.
- Possess advanced skills in one of the following areas: Advanced Surface Modeling; Thermal Analysis; Optical Engineering; Electro-Mechanical System Design; Finite Element Structural Analysis.
- Proficient in SolidWorks with surfacing skills a must.
- Pro/ENGINEER or Creo skills a plus.
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OPEN POSITIONS AT THIS STUDIO
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Radius is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran status, unfavorable military discharge, or any status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.