Quality & Electrical Engineering Technician
Radius (A Jabil Company) is a global strategy and innovation consulting firm serving the IoT, Digital, consumer, healthcare, packaging and commercial/industrial markets. At Radius, our secret ingredient is our people. We hire talented individuals with a passion for delivering results that know how to discover, design, develop and deliver products that are better than anything on the market today. We build multi-disciplinary teams of business strategists, researchers, designers, human factors specialists, engineers, quality, and manufacturing experts who thrive on solving our clients’ most complex challenges for bringing successful products to market.
Join our award-winning team if you want to sharpen your skills and geek out on a variety of projects. It goes without saying; we offer a dynamic, fast-paced work environment with plenty of growth opportunities, excellent compensation, and benefits.
The position of Quality & Electrical Engineering Technician is responsible for supporting the product development process through assembly and testing mechanical and electrical components and assemblies; contributing to laboratory operations; and assisting with functions required by the Quality Management System (QMS). Project support will focus on hands-on activities required for design-build-test cycles for prototype and production-like materials. This individual will report into the Quality & Implementation discipline at Radius.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage material receipt, acceptance & inventory processes and documentation
- Contribute to the development of product specific mechanical and electrical fixtures, assembly procedures and test methods
- Participate in the evaluation and debug of mechanical and electrical components and sub-assemblies during product development design-build-test cycles
- Lead and document product builds of dozens to several hundred units, complete release testing and distribute of materials to customers
- Execute and document product testing, data collection, analysis, audit and summary
- Manage external test laboratories for outsourced testing such as environmental conditioning and electrical safety
- Complete root cause analysis of mechanical and electrical failures encountered during product assembly and testing
- Diagnose and repair electronic circuit board assemblies
- Schedule & manage laboratory equipment calibration and maintenance
- Procure & organize consumable laboratory supplies
- Collect and manage project documentation for creation of project binders and design history files (DHF)
- Contribute to QMS processes and documentation such as equipment calibration/maintenance, materials acceptance & inventory management, non-conforming material review (NCMR) and internal audits
- Support Research & Human Factors, Design and Engineering Disciplines as required to facilitate product development process
MINIMUM EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Associates or Bachelors degree in Science, Engineering or Technology field preferred
MINIMUM PRIOR WORK EXPERIENCE TYPICALLY REQUIRED
- Laboratory and/or manufacturing experience preferred
ESSENTIAL SKILLS/TRAITS REQUIRED:
- Familiarity utilizing information on mechanical drawings, electrical schematics, bill of materials (BOM) and engineering change orders (ECOs)
- Knowledge of typical mechanical assembly techniques/equipment
- Experience with soldering methods and soldering quality inspection techniques
- Proficiency with common mechanical and electrical test/measurement equipment: load frame, caliper, oscilloscope, voltmeter, etc.
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Attention to detail
- Experience following written procedures
- Understanding of cGMP / GLP documentation and data integrity requirements
- Experience with documentation and summary of quantitative and qualitative information
- Basic math and computer skills (Microsoft Windows & Office)
- Ability to maintain organization of large quantities of materials, test samples and data
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Learns and understands information quickly
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Ability to work independently or in a group
- Takes initiative, understands high level goals and works toward them with minimal supervision
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.