HUMAN FACTORS ENGINEER
Radius (A Jabil Company) is a global strategy and innovation consulting firm serving the IoT, Digital, consumer, healthcare, packaging, and commercial/industrial markets. At Radius, our secret ingredient is our people. We hire talented individuals with a passion for delivering results that know how to discover, design, develop, and deliver products that are better than anything on the market today. We build multi-disciplinary teams of business strategists, researchers, designers, human factors specialists, engineers, quality, and manufacturing experts who thrive on solving our clients’ most complex challenges for bringing successful products to market.
Join our award-winning team if you want to sharpen your skills and geek out on a variety of projects. It goes without saying; we offer a dynamic, fast-paced work environment with plenty of growth opportunities, excellent compensation, and benefits.
The position of Human Factors Specialist is responsible for executing meaningful research and human factors activities required to drive innovative programs, clients, and teams. Radius is looking for a highly creative and passionate individual to focus on projects ranging from technology-driven medical devices to consumer lifestyle products with an underlying goal of improving lives. The Human Factors Specialist will interface with internal team members and clients to execute research plans and create deliverables to inform and inspire stakeholders.
- Lead research programs to investigate target users’ workflow, goals, tasks, and experiences
- Plan and schedule research studies and usability tests in an organized and detailed manner while adapting to changes in program schedule and scope
- Perform human factors, heuristic, and ergonomic analyses
- Plan, design, and execute usability evaluations of products and applications including vendor coordination
- Develop rigorous frameworks for the evaluation of products as a function of usability principles and best practices
- Familiarity with FDA guidelines and other relevant experience in medical product design
- Anthropometric analyses and assessments
- Observational/ethnographic studies usability test moderation, analysis, and reporting
- Task analysis and workflow mapping
- Diary studies
- In-depth interview moderation (in-person and remote)
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (e.g. human factors, cognitive psychology, HCI, ergonomics, industrial engineering, etc.)
- Minimum 2 years of professional experience in human factors research and product development, preferably in a consulting environment
- Experience developing research plans, managing the recruitment process, performing contextual research, performing one-on-one and group interviews, and performing HF testing
- Strong communication skills to support research activities and client-facing presentations
- Superb data collection, analytical, writing, and presentation abilities
- Strong collaborative interpersonal work style
- Ability to work independently with guidance
- Proficient in research presentation tools such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, stat packages, and video editing
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OPEN POSITIONS AT THIS STUDIO
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Radius is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for all roles regardless of race, color. religious creed, sex, national origin citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parents, military or veteran status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.