Radius is a global innovation and development consulting firm serving the healthcare, packaging, consumer, and commercial/industrial markets. At Radius, our secret ingredient is our people. We hire talented individuals with a passion for delivering results that know how to design, develop, and deliver products that are better than anything on the market today. We build multidisciplinary teams of product strategists, researchers, designers, human factors specialists, engineers, quality, and manufacturing experts who thrive on solving our clients’ most complex challenges for bringing successful products to market.
Join our award-winning team if you want to sharpen your skills on a variety of projects. It goes without saying: we offer a dynamic, fast-paced work environment with plenty of growth opportunities, excellent compensation, and benefits.
We are looking for a talented, experienced, and highly motivated business development professional to join our San Jose team. This role will report to the Vice President of Business Development with significant interface with leadership and program personnel in other Radius offices. As part of the management team, you will proactively contribute to the strategic direction of Radius, growing new and existing clients, and the quality of the firm’s services and deliverables. You will be responsible for ensuring sustained business growth of the firm through continual sale as well as identification and qualification of new potential customers. This individual will provide strategic planning and relationship management for ongoing client program efforts.
This is a highly visible and dynamic position whose focus will be on Radius site-specific and global organizational initiatives.
- Coordinate and administer the business development function, including the targeting, prospecting, forecasting, tracking, and strategic response to customer RFP’s to support the closure of business and sustained customer satisfaction
- Maintain an aggressive approach to the generation of high-level BD leads and business opportunities
- Represent business development function in internal deliberation
- Participate in the formulation of corporate strategies, goals, and objectives
- Promote design, engineering, and manufacturing excellence to secure meaningful business opportunities for competitive advantages for the company and its clients
- Provide direction and product development leadership to both clients and staff in all appropriate operational and program product development activities
- Establish a focused and committed attitude towards identifying and managing the risk aspects in all BD efforts to support our company goal of building a reputation for practical and reliable real-world product development application
- General account management and support of ongoing product development programs, including client liaison and communication, strategic consultation, timeline management, identification and timely response to all program scope changes, risk management assessment, and the quality of the deliverable and the effective delivery and presentation of the work
- Serve as a liaison with the design, engineering, and manufacturing entities of the firm to help identify and address any problem areas, provide direction, and offer any assistance that may be required to accomplish the mission for the completion of the projects
- Assist in the identifying, managing, and supporting of all product development and manufacturing opportunities with Nypro/Jabil
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
ESSENTIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
This role requires an individual who demonstrates flexibility in the consulting subject matter in which he or she needs to operate and yet has a polished, not over-bearing, delivery style. More specifically, the candidate will have the following skills:
- Advanced consultative selling skills and experience in selling integrated solutions and services
- Extensive knowledge of the product development process
- Firm understanding of consumer needs, branding, technology, and manufacturing methods
- Identification of key potential customers who value the Radius business proposition
- Ability to recognize, make contact, and develop strategic relationships with key decision-making management personnel as relates to outsourcing product development programs
- Strategic provision of client needs and company services to the client by building a long-term, open, trusting and mutually beneficial relationship
- Ensuring that all communication with the client is of the highest quality
- People, client, and third-party management skills
- Strong leadership qualities, collaborative work ethic, and a great sense of humor
- Establish a personal reputation for polished proactive management and relentless follow through on all communications and documents
- Achieve maximum amount of new business opportunities (per established goals) from new to Nypro/Radius relationship. This is the priority and focus of the role
- Establish proactive management role and ownership of Radius Chicago business development activities, including required planning, administration, and documentation
- Work with Managing Director and Vice President of Business Development to develop written plan for optimized business development
- Weekly communication of objectives and business development activities through the global CRM system and other means
- Provide focused account/program management and support to key client efforts
- Establish understanding and definition of full range of Radius/Nypro/Jabil industrial design, engineering, and manufacturing implementation services
- Effectively participate, learn, and master in selling and communicating Radius/Nypro/Jabil core value proposition
- Achieve maximum amount of new business opportunities (per established goals) from Nypro/Radius relationship
- Help maintain continuous improvement of the firm’s reputation for impeccable design and engineering execution, reliability, and project management follow through
- Continue to work with Radius/Nypro/Jabil managers throughout the organization to understand integrated capabilities and offerings and to strategize relationship developments for improved offering and business development
- Ensure the continued revenue growth and ongoing qualification of new customers, while maximizing the value and experience for all Radius customers
Interested in applying? Submit your resume by clicking here. You will be directed to apply for this Radius position at Jabil.com, our corporate partner’s website.
Jabil is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.