Radius Innovation & Development is searching for a talented Principal Mechanical Engineer to join our Waltham studio. The ideal candidate will solve complex problems and lead specification, design, and testing efforts. Further, this role will provide leadership and mentoring to continually improve the team and increase capability. The design tasks will be of a complex technical nature requiring investigation of new technologies, and application of advanced engineering design principles and practices. This role will be a recognized leader in mechanical engineering both within and outside the company.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Under general supervision, responsible for the mechanical engineering elements of a major project, or an entire project of greater complexity than those normally assigned to Senior Engineers.
- Provide technical supervision to staff level mechanical engineers and other technical personnel, and may be responsible for the administrative duties of a small work group, although engineering work performed is more important than the supervision aspect.
- Communicate key information and recommendations to influence technical decisions and strategy requiring the principal engineer to stay abreast of the latest technologies, tools, and trends.
- Define new and existing mechanical engineering design requirements and develop specifications in accordance with manufacturing, marketing, and customer expectations and requirements.
- Identify and analyze design problems to achieve optimal solutions that satisfy cost and technical requirements using both internal and external technical resources.
- Formulate new, innovative approaches to solve technical problems on a consistent basis, and mentor the rest of the technical team in these areas.
- Create and communicate project plans, tasks and deliverables and manage time to meet project deadlines. This includes reporting pertinent information at key milestones through clear, concise oral and written communications.
- Engage in personal and continuing programs of learning in order to broaden knowledge in mechanical engineering and to gain knowledge in new fields of general engineering to improve individual effectiveness and avoid technical obsolescence.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering, Master’s degree a plus.
- 10+ years experience as a practicing mechanical engineer with the majority in a consulting environment.
- High level experience supporting large complex customer programs across varying industries.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
Radius is an award-winning firm that develops products from design through manufacturing for top clients in the consumer, healthcare, industrial, and packaging markets. We offer a dynamic, fast-paced, and fun environment with excellent salary and benefits.
Interested in applying? Submit your resume by clicking here. You will be directed to apply for this Radius position at Jabil.com, our corporate partner’s website.
Jabil is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.